CHALLENGE OPEN: 3rd July 2017 to 7th July 2017
Welcome to Five Sentence Story Prompt Challenge Week 3.
Rules of the challenge:
- Every week a prompt word shall be announced along with a Genre specification for the participants.
- Participants need to incorporate the prompt word itself in their entries or can use the prompt word as the framework for their write-up.
- Entries within “Five Sentences” shall only be entertained and may contain as many words as long as it doesn’t exceed five sentences.
- Add the tag “Five Sentence Story Prompt” in the prompt posts.
- The entries may be of any format including poems, micro fiction, scribbles, etc.
- Leave a link to your prompt post in the comments below.
- Create a pingback to this post by linking this post in your prompt entry post.
- Leave behind a feedback on other’s entries to encourage more active participation.
This week’s prompt word is –
PASSION – strong and barely controllable emotion.
Genre specification: All Genre
FRUITS OF PASSION
By Neel Anil Panicker
As the jubilant captain surrounded by his teammates lifted the glittering diamond-studded trophy high up in the air, the jam packed stadium erupted in joy with the thunderous shouts and war cries of frenzied football lovers.
The loudest of the applauses were reserved for one man, the winning team’s diminutive but ever smiling coach Frederick D’ Souza.
Later in the evening, during the presser, one of the journalists asked him, “How is it you that the boys you pick are all from the rural hinterlands, from the boondocks, absolute nobodys, who in no time metamorphose into world class players?”
The middle aged coach looked the journo in the eye and replied, without batting an eye, ‘Unlike others, I don’t chase the latest fashion which I know is anyways ephemeral. Instead, I groom ran outsiders who have nothing to show but passion, something that always gives returns as it is permanent.’
©neelanilpanicker2017 #5SENTENCESTORY #FICTION #150words