Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button).
A STREET CAR NAMED DESIRE
This week’s photo prompt is provided by Yinglan. Thank you Yinglan for our photo prompt!
By Neel Anil Panicker
‘Oh! these oldies,’ Alia mouthed to herself, exasperated to the core.
It was just an hour ago when she had faced defeat at the hands of her mother.
“No ways. No ways will I allow my only child to drive down to town on her own. Besides, you go mad behind the wheels, you know”.
She knew better than to argue with that.
Only last week she had rammed Dad’s peach red Dzire straight into the neighbour’s walls. An error of judgement, she surmised.
Only that it dented the family fortune by twenty grands.
Add to that the near non-stop sermonizing juggernaut that followed about the vices of allowing greenhorns freedom excess of what they deserve.
“You could take the tram, instead.”
‘What? Tram? Give me a break mom. Trams are so passé, you know,’ Alia protested.
“Not if you are looking for love. Ask Dad if you don’t believe me.”
©neelanilpanciker2017 #FFfAW #150 words #fiction #shortstory